Stunning jewelry & hair accessory designer, Rachel Stewart was kind enough to share her hair progress with us.
I have been natural for 20 years, but I always shave my head bald every few years…this time around I’m going to see how long it can get.
My fav style:
- I co-wash everyday; I don’t use shampoo
- I put on some Shea Butter and Cantu moisturizer and let it air dry
- I like to keep it simple
I only blow-dry for photo-shoots and when I go out on the town, so about once a month I blow it out…but on a day to day basis, I wash ‘n go…blow drying weekly would be much too damaging and probably wouldn’t have retained as much length if I did.
I also use a growth aid called Megatek. It makes my hair strong and keeps it from breaking so I can actually retain my length.
I also never trim my hair…that’s defeating the purpose of growing it too long. If it’s healthy, there’s no need to trim. It’s a myth that trimming hair makes it grow. Your hair grows from the inside of your head; trimming does not affect that whatsoever. If you had 10 long strong beautiful nails, would you cut them? No…same goes for hair.
I sell jewelery and would say 40% of my sales are international; from places like England, New Zealand, Spain…even South Africa!hello
Of course we had to ask about her superhot make-up and how we love that red lip.This is what she had to say:-
- red lip??…well I don’t wear red lipgloss or lipstick (your kidding right?), my lips are pinkish/red color, so I normally wear a clear or nude lip gloss…(some girls are just too blessed)
- I only wear concealer where needed and finish off with a mineral bronzer.
- I like eyeliner and smokey eyes.
- I’d say the best makeup tip is to have good skin…take care of your skin, it’s the best “makeup”.
- I use the oil cleansing method (OCM) on my skin. For the past 3 years I have only cleansed my skin with olive and castor oil; no soap or toner. It turns out when I stopped using soap, my skin stopped breaking out; it cured my cystic acne and gave me skin I didn’t have to cover with foundation like I had to for almost 20 years…here’s more info on the method
You can find more on Rachel’s art and jewelery on: