Post by: Zama Gqabu
So summer is upon us, my favourite season to be frank. This season is all about COLOUR, CHUNKY JEWELLERY, and PLATFORM SANDALS and so much more to mention. I will be giving you the 411 on what’s hot and what is so not.
Kicking it off this season is bright colours A.K.A colour blocking, which also made waves this winter. This trend is just great for this season; it’s bright, funky and so in-trend.
But what one needs to know about this trend is, if not done correctly you will look like a hot-clown mess. So I will be giving you 5 top tips on how to wear this fierce trend and rock it.
1. Select the right color combination. To apply this fashion trend, choosing the right color combination is the key. Bright colors that match when combined are pink with purple, orange with blue, cobalt blue with red.
2. Brighter is better. If you want to wear color-hit clothing from head to toe, you shouldn’t do it half-hearted. Select a bright ‘color block’ to get a maximum style. Pastel or pale colors can look half-hearted.
3. Pair with motive. An easy way to make you look more stylish in color blocking is to invest in light-colored clothing with stripes like the collections of Spring/Summer 2011 by Prada. Pair a plain green top with a line-motif black/yellow skirt, as an example.
4. Wear together with a white dress. If you wouldn’t dare to style in full-color, neutralize the bright color by blending it with a white dress. It can also be a shirt, skirt or pants.
5. Apply ‘color block’ in the use of accessories. This is the easiest way to get the color block style. Black mini dress will be more exciting with an orange clutch bag, red shoes and a blue bracelet.
Another great look for this season is all about the retro 70’s look.
70′s fashion began where the 60′s left off. Mini skirts were popular and the flower power influence was everywhere, the 70s’ fashion took on a multitude of different styles and influences. As well as the hippy style of the late sixties, but the two trends that defined the 70s in a fashion sense was the flared trousers and platform soles. Which are doing a huge come back this season.
This is a typical look of the 70’s retro look, the flared pants, the blouse, platform shoes, huge sunglasses and wide brimmed hat.
The flared pants
With flared pants you can say good bye to the low-rise pants and hello to the high-wasted pants. What I love about these pants is that they can be worn from a casual summer day just chilling with friends with some sundowners or to a more formal office look.
THE PLATFORM SHOE
Which were also known as Disco Boots back in the 70’s have done a huge come back this season, and of course a little leopard never hurt no one.
These shoes can be worn with the flared pants or floral maxi dress to keep true to the 70’s look or just worn with your typical normal jeans.
Accessories are actually my favorite part of an outfit; a little bracelet, earrings and statement ring can make a simple outfit go a long way. Today we will be focusing on the 70’s look, everything little accessory you will need to complement your 70’s inspired look.
Besides the 70’s inspired jewelry another BIG trend this spring/summer are CHUNKY BIG jewelry, which I totally love, now this is a statement piece.
Now a trend that has always been around are shades or stunners, what ever you wanna call them, this is the no. 1 trend piece that will never go out of trend. The only thing different about them this season is the shape, the new trend is of course the 70’s inspired look, and as well as the cat eye shade, which I think are so retro and ultra-fab.
And that my fellow fashionistas, is all you will need this spring/summer to keep you on trend and of course looking fabulous.
P.S Always stay true to yourself. Now that’s hot!!