Four years ago when we decided to start a South African-based natural hair blog for ALL African naturals, naming the blog was one of the exciting stages. Naming our blog FroChic wasn’t as difficult as creating the logo (which we designed ourselves by the way – with a bit of polishing by a graphic designer). The formula was quite straight forward: Fro = Short for Afro and Chic = French for stylish/beautiful.
We won’t bore you with details of how we came up with the logo as to this day we still look at our first bunch of drafts and roll on the floor with laughter. Which brings us to the purpose of this post; celebrating the beauty & style (Chic) of natural hair (Fro) – and we’re talking free forming aka Afro, dreadlocks, TWAs etc - as well as FroChic as a brand (we can’t help but love our FroChic image). To cut to the chase, we’re having a FroChic photoshoot titled I Am FroChic (loosely translated “I am natural & got style”) and would like you our wonderful readers to be a part of it!!So you will be the first to get your hands on a “I Am FroChic” t-shirts/tank tops! Yes, we finally decided to make cute FroChic t-shirts line due to demand.
We’re looking for 5 natural ladies of ALL sizes, shapes, ethnic groups, complexion, culture, natural hair type, hair colour, loc length and thickness…
How to enter:
Here’s what you need to do in order to be a part of this shoot:
- Follow us on Twitter and tweet “#IAmFroChic with @frochicblog OR like our Facebook page (or do both to increase your chances of being shortlisted)
- Email a close-up photo of your hair with your real name, Twitter handle (if you’re on Twitter) and/or facebook name (if different from real name) to FroChic(at)gmail.com with the words “I Am FroChic Photoshoot” in the subject line.
We’ll then let our readers assist us in selecting our lucky ladies.
- Only South African residents may apply.
- Entrants must have natural hair.
- Entrants must be willing to travel to Johannesburg for the photoshoot.
- Entries close on 04 April 2014.
So if you feel your natural hair’s worth celebrating, strike that pose, get your selfie on and start sending! Good luck!!