Yip it’s that time of the year again where one re-evaluates their goals; whether it be personal, career, health or, in this case, hair goals.
I have been growing my locs for 4 years now (it will be 4 years in February) and I am still enjoying this loc journey and I am not planning to cut them anytime soon. However, I do have a few hair goals that I would like to explore or achieve this year, and they are as follows:
- I want to go blonde. Okay, not completely “peroxide, almost white” blonde but a more “toned-down” blonde. So I am thinking along the lines of a honey blonde, for example. I have always wanted to go much lighter than my current dark brown colour but I have always been too scared to try it out. I am scared that I might not like the colour and regret my decision. But I have decided that life is too short and since this is something I have always wanted to try out I must just take the plunge! I think 2016 is the year to do it I will probably have this done professionally at a salon; just in case my attempt at DIY turns my locs orange (eeek!).
The pic below is the type of blonde colour I am considering…
- I am plan to be more creative with how I style my locs and not just stick to the normal curly hairstyles. I think my locs are now at a long enough length that allows me to play around with different hairstyles/looks. I want to try minimise going to the salon to have my hair styled and rather do it myself. I believe there is so much one can do with just using a few bobby pins so I plan to venture more on that side and hopefully bring you a few loc style tutorials 😉
- Minimize “Hand-in-hair syndrome”– you know, that bad habit of constantly twisting my locs or pulling at them when I am bored or thinking about something. I think I am actually doing more harm to my locs and edges than good, so I just need learn to leave my locs alone.
- Do more hot oil treatments. I must say I hardly do hot oil treatments and I think they are beneficial in giving locs that extra boost of moisture. My locs have been feeling pretty dry lately….You can read more about the benefits of hot oil treatments here.
- Increase my water intake. It’s not just enough to spritz my locs with water (with a mix of coconut oil) to keep them moisturised and soft; I also need to drink plenty of water to ensure my hair (and overall body) is healthy from the inside out.
What are you 2016 hair goals?